1. School Engagement Coordinator
Start date**: ASAP
Hours: 20 - 30 per week
Wage: Starting from $25/hr
Location: Ottawa, ON
A worm bin is a great classroom learning tool to teach children about nature, a circular food system and composting! We want to help Ottawa's classrooms adopt wormies as their classroom pets and help teachers to use the worm bin as a learning aid and a practical solution to compost fruit and veggie scraps from snack boxes!
Duties and responsibilities
- Create relationships with school principals, board members and teachers in Ottawa to encourage adoption of worm bins in their classrooms
- Conduct hands-on demonstration on vermicomposting 101 in classrooms across Ottawa
- Build curriculum for teachers on vermicomposting to help them use the worm bin as a learning tool
- Engage with school stakeholders to facilitate the creation of outdoor composting learning greenspaces
Knowledge and skills
- Practical knowledge of vermicomposting, composting, soil health and permaculture
- Great people skills specially with children
- Experience with creating Ontario classroom curriculum for different grades
**Must be 30 years or younger at the start of the contract to be eligible for the government's youth funding program.
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com with the title 'School Engagement Coordinator' and briefly tell us what makes you a good candidate! Videos and voice notes are encouraged!